Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 14 Happy and Sad

What a day!  Today started off with our usual visit with Dasha at the baby house.  It went okay.  We noticed that yesterday and today she's seemed a bit more subdued and mellow.  She even looked a little sad today.  I don't know if it's our imagination or maybe she's beginning to realize that things are changing for her.  We were told that the nannies are telling her that she's soon leaving with us and going to a new home.  I don't know if this is true or what they are actually telling her. I'm sure this is all so scary and confusing for her and I so wish there was a way I could communicate with her and make sure she understands. 

We didn't get many good pictures today but here are a few.

 Not sure what's going on with her tongue in this picture.  :)

The girl loves bananas!

 Dasha and Polina are so sweet (and crazy) together.

Our court appointment wasn't until 3:00 and after our visit we needed to go home and change clothes and get Norm packed.  We wanted to stop for a quick bite of lunch first so we asked Sergei to take us to McDonald's.  Neither of us are fans, but we needed something fast, plus it was on the way home.  Oh my goodness, it was so crowded! Not exactly fast food.  We ended up waiting in line for almost a half hour and once we got our food we realized they had gotten our order wrong!!  I guess some things are the same whether at home or half-way around the world!

We got home, changed clothes, threw Norm's stuff in his suitcase, ran back downstairs, jumped into Sergei's car and headed for the court house in Makiivka.  We really wouldn't have needed to rush so much because we ended up waiting almost 1.5 hours until our court session began.  It was pretty painless and very boring.  The judge did most of the talking (really he was just reading documents) and Norm gave a mini-speech that told all about our family, his job, our house, etc.  It was good enough that the judge didn't have any questions for us, which was a relief.  We are now the proud parents of (drumroll, please):

Rachel Daria Wain

I realized today that I don't think I ever wrote on my blog that we were changing Dasha's name.  I could probably do an entire post on this subject.  Rachel is a special name to us and Daria is actually Dasha's real name.  "Dasha" is a nickname.  It seems strange to call her Rachel and we will probably stick to Dasha for awhile before transitioning.


The court house in Makiivka

Inside the court room.  Norm snapped a quick picture before the judge walked in.

The new mama and papa :)

After court we went to dinner with our facilitator, Sasha.  When she left us tonight she was headed to Southern Ukraine to help my friend Missy and her husband adopt sweet Danil.  Danil is extra special to Sasha and I am so excited for them all!

This is Sasha.  She is Superwoman!!

So, now to the sad part of my day.  Norm left tonight on the train to Kiev.  I'm really happy that he will be home with the kids tomorrow night, but it was hard to say good-bye.  I still have several more weeks here and tonight I'm wishing I had decided to return home during the 10 day wait.  I miss my boys so much I sometimes don't know if I'm going to make it to the end of June.  I decided to stay for Dasha, though.  I didn't want to leave her the first day I became her mommy.  I really am looking forward to spending lots of one-on-one time with her over the next few weeks. 

Well, that's about all from me tonight.  I think I'm going to go find my boys on Skype and hear about their day.   Thanks for reading!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Praise God! My eyes filled with tears when I saw the court room picture-we cried like babies when they announced us Andrew's parents. My heart is so filled with joy right now that Dasha has her family, forever! One Less Orphan!!!! God rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! SOoo happy for you and Dasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Megan. Hang tough. When Tori and the boys left and headed back to Tucson, when I got back to my apartment by myself, after spending three weeks of time together, I cried. I really did. The silence was crushing and the pain of being alone was real. I took a hot shower, jumped in bed, and when I woke I felt better. We will be praying for you. Much to look forward to and it is a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo!!
    congrats!!!
    safe travels for hubby!!!
    have fun!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan....I didn't know they were going to "pronounce" you parents! That's BIG. I know that must have felt wonderful. I know you miss the boys; just imagine how wonderful your reunion with them will be---crazy wonderful, but WONDERFUL
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP