Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 28 So Far, So Good

Last night I set my alarm for 8:00 just in case Dasha slept late.  Ha!  I would not have needed to bother with that because she was up at 5:45 am!!!  That was a bit early for me, but I dragged myself out of bed and got her some breakfast. We spent the first few hours of the morning packing up the apartment and getting ready to leave.  When that was pretty much done, we walked over to the open market to buy her a pair of crib shoes.  At the baby house, the kids are never allowed to go barefoot or be in just socks.  They have outdoor shoes and then they have a pair of inside shoes that are more like slippers.  We found her something very similar to what she had at the baby house and she seemed happy with them.  After that, we went to lunch at the Ukrainian buffet.  There was hardly anybody there and they didn't have their full selection ready yet.  I couldn't figure out why until I realized it was only 10:45 am!  I thought it was 11:45 and it sure felt like it should have been.  We went ahead and got lunch because we ate breakfast so early that I figured she would be hungry and she was; she ate great!  After lunch we walked around and found a park.  It took Dasha at least 20 minutes of watching the other kids and assessing the scene until she felt comfortable playing.  When she finally did, she went down the slide over and over until it was time to leave.  There were lots of kids there with motorized ride-on toys and bikes or tricycles.  She tried climbing on one and started to take off until I grabbed her.  She's going to love the Powerwheels jeep at home!  When we got home I told her it was time for a nap (in Russian) and she went straight to the bed and layed down, but wanted me to stay with her.  I layed beside her with my hand barely touching her arm and she feel asleep quickly.  She's still napping right now.  When she wakes up we're going to walk to the store and pick up some snacks for our train ride tonight.  I don't know how great my internet connection will be in Kiev, but I will do my best to post an update after the Embassy tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing. Getting closer :) :) :)!!!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP