Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Update Coming Soon!

Sorry for being so quiet lately.  I'm working on a post about our trip home and the first few days.  Everything is going so well.  In fact, I keep waiting for things to fall apart because this just seems too easy.  Don't get me wrong, I am busy (but I was busy before), and there are a few things we are working on, but they are fairly minor and I know we will get through them.  I feel like Dasha was a diamond in the rough.  We are watching her come alive since we've been home.  She is learning so much and trying so many new things.  She is the sweetest child and I feel like we won the lottery.  One quick story...tonight we were in her room putting on her pajamas and she said to me "Brush teeth."  I had to ask her to repeat it because, at first, I thought she was speaking Russian; I was not expecting English.  I couldn't believe she said that because I hadn't said anything about brushing teeth up to this point!!  Until tonight, she only said "Mama hold", "open", "close", "on",  and "off".  We were so proud to hear her say this short phrase and she knew it!  She had a huge smile on her face and was giggling like she knew she had done something great.  What a smarty pants!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! Keep blogging about these little milestones because as you can see once you get well into the groove like us just two months in that it is hard to remember everthing that they do! Now Russian is foreign to Andrew, so weird! Praise God for your diamond. Call me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and can't wait to read more. Amazing!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> blog design to change the world

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP