Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 9

Today's visit was tiring, but fun.  When we pulled into the baby house, Dasha's groupa was already outside on the playground.  She spied the car and saw us inside and came running, yelling "Mama y Papa!!"  She came up and gave me a big hug...it was so sweet and just melted our hearts! 

The groupa stayed outside today the entire time we visited Dasha.  We play in a separate area directly across from their playground.  They can see us and we can see them.  Dasha kept running over to the other kids to show them her cell phone, water bottle, balloons, you name it, she wanted to show it off.  Seeing the other kids is the worst part of this experience.  I went over to get her and they all gathered around me and fought to hold my hand.  If they coundn't take my hand, they took the hand of the child who had my hand.  They are all so sweet and it crushes me to leave them behind.  I was standing there on the playground with tears in my eyes looking at all these precious little people.  They ALL deserve a family.  I want to get pictures of them, but I need to be careful.  It is against orphanage rules for us to take pictures of these children, unless Dasha happens to be in the photo. 

After the visit, we went to Amstor, which is a very nice grocery store.  Until now, we've been shopping in much smaller markets and convenience stores.  Amstor was huge by comparison and had just about anything we could need.  I finally found a box of Kleenex there and was so excited!  The rest of our day has been very low-key, just working, skyping, and sleeping.  Tomorrow is our last visit with Dasha for the week.  We aren't allowed to see her over the weekend.  We don't have a lot going on this weekend but are planning on attending a perfomance of Romeo and Juliet (don't know if it's a ballet or opera...I'm thinking ballet) and seeing a friendly soccer games between Ukraine and France.  If any of you who have been to Donetsk have suggestions of things to do or see or good places to eat, please let us know.

   She still finds playing with the balloons amusing.  She likes Norm to blow them up, let them go, and watch as they fly all over. 





She loved the Play-Doh and concentrated on it for a long time.

She's watching video of her and Polina on the camera.  I love the way she screams for Polina at the end.  She does this frequently and loudly during our visits. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate croissants at the bakery right down the sidewalk from the Irish Pub that is across from the square with the statue of Lenin. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP