Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 21

The sun was finally shining today so we had our visit outside!  It was nice to return to our usual little red table on the playground.  Dasha was probably the most mellow she's ever been today.  She was very, very low key and barely spoke.  In fact, she didn't even move around much.  I carried her quite a bit and she watched the other kids play and the construction workers move sand.  I don't know if she's not feeling well or if reality has hit.  Today as we were walking, I told her, "Mama, Dasha, machina (car), paka (bye-bye)" and I pointed to the gates of the baby house.  I asked her "Da?", but she just looked at me.  I tried to get her to walk over to Sergei's car, but she shook her head and said, "Nyet!".  I think maybe she thought we were leaving today.  Poor little thing.  This is her world and we're taking her from it and I know she's scared.  My hope is that she will find a tiny bit of comfort in being familiar with me, but sometimes I don't think even that's going to be much help.

I really didn't take many pictures today because I was pretty much holding Dasha the entire time.  About 20 minutes before the visit ended, one of the nannies set up a big bucket filled with water on the playground picnic table.  She had little wind-up fish with magnets and fishing poles with magnetic hooks.  The kids were brought over in pairs to take a turn fishing.  It was so cute and they were really having fun.  Dasha liked it so much she invited herself to join and didn't leave, which was fine with me since I had been carrying her and my arms needed a break.  The caretakers at this orphanage do an excellent job teaching the children and providing them with great developmental activities.  This fishing game was a wonderful activity for hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.



She found my glasses in my purse.


These two nannies are so patient and kind with the children.





2 comments:

  1. How cute! Our kids had a really hard time at first. Ilya was upset on just the car ride to the train and Lena's emotions only seemed to come out at sleep time. It was so exhausting to deal with her behavior at first, but I just to remind myself it was just temporary. Email me if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP