Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 17 Best Day Yet!

I had the BEST time with Dasha today!!  Before I start the recap, I just have to say that I love this little girl so much already!  She is the sweetest, dearest little thing and I feel sooooooo lucky she's ours.  Now on to our morning.  It was raining when I arrived so we couldn't play outside like we usually do.  Except for our very first meeting, we've played outside every single day so being indoors was an interesting change.  At first the nanny was going to let us stay in the playroom and I was excited about that, but then she changed her mind and put us in the dressing room with the cubbies.   It was hot and dark in there but we made the most of it.  Dasha was in a really happy mood today and we laughed and smiled a lot.  She was also very clingy to me and wanted me to hold her and carry her.  She had her arms wrapped around my neck and I was able to snuggle her and give her some kisses.  It was sweet and I could tell she liked it.  At one point, she even called me mama when she wanted me to get something off a shelf for her.  This was a first.  My cell phone was out of money so it wasn't working.  I let her play around with it and she tried calling Norm and was saying "Papa" into the phone.  I feel like she's slowly beginning to understand me sometimes.  She remembers the words "open" and "on" and can say them and I'm sure she understands "off" and "smile".  One thing I find really interesting is that she doesn't want to look at the photo album I made anymore.  It has pictures of the boys, our house, car, pool, playground, playroom, her room, etc. and the first week or so she looked at it several times daily.  Now if I get it out she usually closes it up and puts it away.  I think she understands what it's all about and either is fine with it or finds it scary and doesn't want to think about it.  Wish I knew which it was.

Drinking my lemonade

Happy girl

We joined the groupa for snack time.  It was so interesting to me that they gave the kids oranges.  We were told we could not bring her oranges and I know a lot of adoptive families have been told their child was allergic to oranges.  That's Alex from RR sitting next to her.  He is absolutely the most adorable little boy and he smiles ALL THE TIME. 

The nanny told her to share an orange slice and bite of applesauce with me.  The applesauce was so yummy!  It tasted homemade.

She found this on top of the cubbies and claimed it as hers. 

This is their little bathroom.  Each child has a hand towel hanging on a numbered hook.  The thing above her head is their toothbrush and comb holder.  Each pocket is numbered and she knows which one is hers.

We snuck into the playroom for a few minutes and she joined one of the little ones playing with the stacking rings.

Mama and Dasha wearing our sunglasses.  :)

She was having fun washing her sunglasses and then drying them.  This girl is into being clean!


Trying to call Daddy (Papa)


There's a slight chance I will be able to visit on Monday even though it's a holiday.  My facilitator hasn't talked to the orphanage about it yet, so I'm hoping they say it's okay for me to come.  Three days is a long time to go without seeing her.  :(  In the meantime, I'll just be hanging out at the apartment with my new BFF, Youtube.

5 comments:

  1. I Love the pictures!!! We never got to see the lockers or the bathroom :( So glad we have pictures of them now. You can see in her face the progress you are making. This will make it so much easier on you when its time to go. Praying for the Monday visit to happen. I know your visit is already over but tell her Da Zvah Trah when you leave (it means until tomorrow) that helped Andrew a lot. Call me on Skype later. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never got to see ANY of that... jealous! Have I told you about sidereel.com? You type in a show you want to watch and it will pull up a ton of links, some free, some you have to pay for, for that show. Some of the links don't work, but we never had trouble finding something to watch while in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great day! Blessings, KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so sweet!! she is just so beautiful :)
    hope you can see her tomorrow :)
    before you know it the time will be up and you will be running around like crazy!!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting caught up on all your visits. Thrilled to hear everything went well and you got out of there before the changes! Looking forward to hearing about her adjustment to family life. She is beyond adorable! We're on our 10 day wait and picking up our 3 year old from the orphanage on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP