Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 20 A Rainy Monday

My driver overslept this morning and was almost an hour late picking me up, so I had a shorter than usual visit with Dasha today.  It was raining again this morning and we played inside  When I arrived, Dasha was wearing a blue dress that was way too small.  As soon as they saw me, they grabbed her and took her to change her clothes.  They then led us to the offical visiting room.  I know several of you are quite familiar with this room, but today was the first time we had a full visit in this area.  It took Dasha a few minutes to warm up to me, but it's definitely happening much faster each day.  It was a good visit and we did the usual snack, bubbles, going through my purse routine.  Today she brought me the picture album to look through.  She also used the words "off", "on", and "up" all by herself without me telling her to say them.  :)  There is a set of large vinyl blocks in the visiting room and we played with those for a long time.  I'm not sure we were supposed to, since they were on shelves with sheets covering them, but nobody saw us so we were fine.  Dasha's favorite is being chased, picked up, and tickled and we did a lot of that, too.  That wears me out!  :)  We had a very bizarro ending to the visit that involved the orphange director and staff, but I'll spare you the details because it's really impossible to make sense of this craziness.  Only 5 visits left and then she's out of there!

The little monkey with her daily banana

 She loves playing with my Nook (and when I say "playing" I mean pushing every button she can find and rearranging all my books!).

 This is my little portable fan.  We needed it today.  It was hot in that room!

Today they didn't have her hair in any sort of pigtail or bow.  Her hair is really pretty.  It has lots of natural body to it, especially in the back. 


We spent a lot of time rolling these circles across the room.  She loved that.


One of the stairwells is decorated with pictures of Elton John's visit to this baby house in 2009.  He  wanted to adopt the little boy in this picture but wasn't able to because of Ukrainian law.

I found this picture today and thought it was cute.  Dasha is third from the left in the front row.  Kris and Molly, I think you might recognize a couple other little faces.  :)  Sorry it's not the greatest picture, but I had to turn the flash off so it's a little dark.

It poured all afternoon but finally stopped long enough this evening that I was able to go out for a walk.  I need to buy Dasha a pair of shoes and I found a children's store with sandals that were $350!  I still can't get over that somebody would pay that much for a pair of kids shoes!  I'm going to check out the open market tomorrow but if any of you have suggestions on where I can get reasonably priced shoes, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had seen those pictures too - I would of snagged a pic as well. :)

    Ah the foam blocks. Olivia liked jumping on them. It looks like they changed that room around. Before it was just the couch, chair, creepy big stuffed animals and the foam blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not seen that one! I see Ilya all the way over. And I can't tell, is that Lena on the nanny's lap? It looks like it could be her, but she looks kind of big.

    P.S. Did you find shoes at the market?

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP