Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 29 Back to Kiev

Our train ride last night went fine.  Dasha was a little scared once the train started moving and when I tried to shut the cabin door, she freaked out.  I ended up leaving the door open until she feel asleep.  She slept all night and woke up with smiles just in time to get dressed and meet Eugene, our driver.  We met up with Mary and Polina at the train station (they were on our train but we didn't see them) and the craziness started.  The girls act SO differently when they are together and their behavior is not the easiest to control.  The first stop was the US Embassy to drop off all my paperwork and pay for Dasha's visa.  The lady that helped me was so nice and friendly and I was so appreciative.  I had left some things blank on a few of my forms and she said she would fill it all in for me.  After the Embassy, we had to take the girls for their medical appointments.  This appointment is required for the visa.  As we rode to the medicals, Dasha threw up all over herself.  Luckily we had a bag within reach and were able to catch most of it, but I don't think our driver was too happy about it.  Once it was out of her she seemed much better, so I'm hoping she's not getting sick.  Dasha's medical appointment was horrible.  The doctor was completely uninformed and a total witch.  I walked out of the appointment crying and feeling so disgusted that I can't even put it into words.  I also left there very thankful for the wonderful doctors we are going to see when we get back home.  After that debacle, our driver took us to our apartment. I am not a fan of the new place, but I know it's only for 2 days so I'll survive.  It's on the 15th floor and I don't like elevators, plus it's about a 15 minutes walk to any restaurant.  That would be fine if it were just me, but it's not. 
Tonight Dasha and I walked to TGI Friday's for dinner.  There were about 8 or 9 Reece's Rainbow families who had planned to meet up.  Although the food there is bad (and that's putting it mildly) it was really nice to meet so many other familes and spend some time visiting with them.  Dasha was an absolute angel the entire 2 hours we were there.  She sat quietly and colored while she ate her chicken.  :)  Luckily Nico was dropping off some phones for some of the families and we were able to catch a ride home with him and avoid the long walk. 

Our 2nd Embassy appointment is tomorrow at 2 pm.  Please say a prayer for both Mary and me that they are able to get us the girls' visas.  Apparently they sometimes have trouble with their system.  If we don't get them tomorrow, we'll have to stay until at least next Tuesday and right now I'm not sure I can do that.

Sorry for no pictures tonight.  I'm too lazy/tired to upload them.  Hopefully I'll do it tomorrow and add them to the post.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there you are on the home strech now. We will pray that the Visa will be printed with no difficulties for both of you. Thank you for taking time out tonight for Andrew and Dasha to Skype :) Can you imagine what they think? LOL Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP