Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 23 The End is Near

Sorry about not writing anything yesterday and being so late today.  Yesterday wasn't my best day and I didn't have it in me.   I just wrote a belated post with some pictures and video.

My visit today was really, really good.  Maybe the best one yet.  I'm wondering if the break over the weekend set us back and maybe Dasha needed to warm up to me again.  Maybe that's why she seemed a little off earlier in the week.  She was so happy today and we had a great time together.  We're both pretty much done with the stuff I brought to play with, so we didn't even bother to get it out today.  She ate her snack and I took pictures of the playground so she would have them to remember.  Then the rest of the visit we just acted completely silly.  We made silly sounds and silly faces, I tickled and chased her, she chased me.  We laughed and goofed around...it was fun.  She is still wanting to be carried and held quite a bit and I don't mind at all.  She even layed her head on my shoulder while I was walking with her today.  She's such a sweetie!  The visit passed by very quickly today and at the end she did not want to go back with the groupa and was pulling me by the hand to the playground that is farthest away from the orphanage building.  The past few days I have noticed that she has definitely been distancing herself from the other kids. 

I learned that tomorrow will be my last visit with Dasha!  YAY!!!  Early Monday morning, my facilitator will pick me up and we will begin a full day of running all over the place gathering all the documents we need to complete the adoption.  We will travel to Dasha's birth city to get her a new birth certificate, we'll get her passport, and we'll close out her bank account (all orphans have a government issued bank account).  If everything goes according to plan, we will end the day by signing Dasha out of the orphanage FOREVER!!!  And guess what?  Monday is her 4th birthday!!  I can't think of a better way to spend the day than starting her new life with her new family.



2 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you and Dasha! Not much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost there Megan, Praise God! I am so glad you two have had the mommy daughter time together. Oh what a birthday Monday will be!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP