Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Days 25 & 26 My Last Weekend in Ukraine (hopefully)

Our 10 day wait ended Friday night, so Dasha is officially ours!  I learned something about the 10 day wait since I've been here.  Initially I thought it was imposed to allow the adoption to be contested by the child's biological family members.  Our facilitator told us that's not what it's for, instead it's a time to allow the adoptive parents to change their minds.  At any point duing the 10 days we could have backed out of the adoption and said we didn't want to proceed.  Once you do this, you are pretty much banned from adopting from Ukraine ever again.  We obviously had no intention of calling it off, but most regions do not waive the 10 days.

This weekend was spent preparing to leave!  I did some laundry, started packing my suitcase, and got everything ready for tomorrow.  I also spent a lot of time working on Embassy paperwork.  I'm scared I'm going to fill it out wrong, but I want to try and have as much of it as I can done up ahead of time to make things go quicker.  I really don't want to be sitting there filling out all these forms with Dasha.  I'm sure she'll get bored waiting and it will be difficult for me to concentrate.

Polina's mama, Mary, is back in Donetsk and we spent some time together this weekend.  It was so nice to have English speaking company. :)  We should both be leaving for Kiev on Tuesday night and we have Embassy appointments at the same time on Wednesday morning.  It will be nice for Dasha and Polina to be together for many of the new things they will experience this week.

Well, I'm off to sleep.  It's going to be a long day tomorrow.  Check back tomorrow for pictures of Gotcha Day!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear the news that she is FREE. We are praying for everyone to be in place to sign documents and all paperwork is complete in record time tomorrow. Call us on Skype if you need me or Andrew :) This is it Megan, the day you have been waiting for and the day God has known about all along. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Dasha! I imagine you are up and going by now. I am so excited for Dasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news. Can't wait to see if you can match my one day processing. Praying that you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting day for Dasha and your family. Her life is about to change for the better and she will finally know what love is :) Congratulations! Waiting for pictures.

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP