Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

We're Approved!

According to the ticker at the top of my blog, today marks 5 months since we committed to Dana.  Five LONG months of paperchasing and stressing and worrying.  Yesterday I was really hoping to hear something from USCIS since it was the day our officer thought she would have us approved.  I was checking my email every few minutes for most of the day hoping that our approval letter would magically appear in my inbox.  By 4:30 I hadn't heard anything so I decided to call our officer.  It was almost as if I was speaking to a different person than the one I talked with 2 weeks ago.  She was so nice and friendly and assured me we were next in line for approval and it would happen in the morning.  I thanked her, hung up the phone, and did a happy dance!  Sure enough, this morning a very ordinary form was faxed to my RR helper and then emailed to me.  This very plain but oh-so-coveted document now completes our dossier!!  I will take it downtown to the Secretary of State's office in the morning and have it apostilled and then on to UPS to overnight the entire dossier to EE.  It's a great feeling to know we're DONE with the paperwork, for the most part, and an even better feeling to know that we are mere weeks away from meeting Dana!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I am psyched. Your girlie is such a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, looking forward to talking and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. We are adopting in EE. I think our kids are in the same orphanage :) Can you email me, love to chat. jodi8275@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP