Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dossier Drama

After spending last night in Cologne, Germany, our dossier has made its way to Warsaw, Poland.  I've been watching it all weekend and can tell you that it got off to a very slow start.  It never left Louisville until Sunday morning!  This stupid dossier has caused me to lose quite a bit of sleep this weekend.  I know...I need to relax about this, but that's kind of hard to do.  On Friday, the UPS clerk made a mistake when he entered the address I was shipping it to in the country I can't name.  Luckily I caught the error, but he had already processed the order so he had to cancel it.  This changed the tracking number, which he had already given me, and he never bothered to give me the new one.  All night (and I mean ALL night) Friday, I kept trying to track the package with no luck.  I was on the phone with UPS twice overnight and they couldn't figure out the problem either.  Of course, I thought it had been dropped in the parking lot by the delivery guy and was laying in a puddle somewhere totally ruined.  The lady at the 1-800 number told me she doubted this was the case.  (I was totally kidding...kind of).  Anyway, when the store opened on Saturday morning I went back over and we figured out what had happened.  I won't bore you with the details, but Saturday night brought a new set of worries, although since I was so tired from barely sleeping the night before, I sort of didn't care and fell asleep on the couch watching the Alvarez vs. Hatton fight.  Then on Sunday afternoon, I received an email from my RR helper telling me that Dana's country has changed the requirements for one of our documents and that I will need to redo it and ship it over so it can replace the one that hasn't even arrived yet.  Just when I thought I was done with the paperwork, I'm back at it.  This document requires copies of our 2010 W-2's which, of course, are at the accountant's office right now.  My plan for Monday had been to attend my MOPS playdate at the Children's Museum, but instead I will be stopping at the accountant's office to dig through our file and make copies of our W-2's, head to hubby's office to have them notarized (I'm giving your stamp a break, Emily!), get the thing apostilled, and head to the UPS store to express mail it.  That should pretty much take most of my day since I'll have Caleb and Sam with me and will probably have to stop 37 times to use a bathroom or get food.  Oh, and I get to spend another $100 to ship it after spending $135 on Friday!  Ugh!  Okay, I'll stop complaining now and just get it done.  After all, I know all this running around and frustration will be totally worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP