Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Going Private

I know I haven't posted much lately.  I've been soooo busy getting ready to leave.  Too busy, really.  I don't think I've ever had so much to do and so little time to do it.  It's definitely been very overwhelming and stressful but it's all coming to an end very soon because, ready or not, we get on a plane Tuesday morning and fly to Eastern Europe.  It's feels so surreal that after all these months of planning, preparing and dreaming, the time has finally arrived to go get our girl.  We are really praying that we don't encounter any surprises when we arrive in Dana's country.  There are a few things surrounding this adoption right now that really concern me, but since they are out of my control I'm trying to let go of the worry and just trust that God is in control.  I know that whatever happens is what is meant to be.  Right now, we need prayer for three things.  First, please pray that our flights are all on time.  We do not have much wiggle room if one of them runs late or we miss a connection.  We obviously don't want to miss our appointment.  Second, please pray that Dana is still at her orphanage and we are able to get the referral without any problems.  Finally, please pray for our boys who are staying at home with family.  They are seven, five, and (almost) two and have never been away from me for more than a few nights (my little guy, Caleb, has NEVER been away from me).  This is going to be hard on them.  They know why we are going and are willing to make the sacrifice, but still, they're going to miss their mom and dad (and we're going to miss them).

I'm going to be making my blog private in a few days.  I went back and forth on this (hence the late notice), but ultimately decided that if I want to blog freely, I'd have to go private.  If you want me to add you so you can read, leave me a comment with your name and email address.  I won't publish the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP