Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meeting Danil

Do you remember this little boy?  His name is Danil and I posted about him here and here.  My family and I prayed for almost a year that Danil would be adopted.  Everyday I looked at his picture that I had taped to my kitchen cabinet and ask God to bring this boy a family.  When He did, I was overjoyed.  I was even happier when I learned that Danil's family lived about 30 minutes from us and that I would get to meet him one day!! 


Well, today was that day!  We met Danil and his mom, brother, and sister at a local spray park.  It was so wonderful to see this little boy, who had been on my heart for so long, finally home with his family.

 Isn't he handsome? 

I have become friends with Danil's mom, Missy, over the past 5 months.  We were even in Ukraine adopting our kids at the same time and her husband got to witness some Dasha antics at the Embassy in Kiev (something I'm sure he won't soon forget!).  One thing I have learned about adoption is that having other adoptive parents as a support network is critical, so it's been very nice to share this experience with Missy and compare notes along the way. 

New friends


1 comment:

  1. So glad you shared this! Danil was a little one who tugged at my heart, so I was also really glad to hear he found his family. I love the pictures! It looks like he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP