Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I just finished putting the presents under the tree for the kids and hanging their stockings.  Dana is on my mind tonight and I can't help but wonder what Christmas will be like for her and all the other orphans around the world with no family of their own.  Tomorrow my kids are going to wake up and eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast and open way too many presents.  I doubt the little ones at Dana's orphanage get presents, but do they even get a special meal to celebrate the holiday?  I don't know.  Tonight I'm having a hard time with the reality of 147 million children needing a family.  I realize that not everyone is in a position to adopt, however I do firmly believe that everyone can do something to help the orphan crisis.  Molly at Team Parker had a great post about this very subject.  There are so many ways that each of us can help the orphans of the world.  Please take a minute and consider what you can do to help these precious children.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.  James 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP