Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's not fair!

Today I received a call from our Immigration officer at USCIS (United States Citzenship and Immigration Services). Since we have been waiting almost one month to be assigned an officer, you would think this would make me happy, but it did not. The officer called to tell me that our request to expedite our application was being denied. Dana's medical condition is not considered a medical emergency (As a side note,"medical emergency" is not even an official USCIS expedite criteria. I would assume medical emergencies fall under the "humanitarian situation" criteria and reasons other than medical could be considered humanitarian.). She then pretty much told me that our application was going at the bottom of her pile and she'd get to when she could. Gee, thanks lady! I'm not sure what my next step is because I really, really, really don't want to wait up to 45 more days for approval, however I also don't want to piss off Officer Attitude so I have to be careful.  My congressman's office has already tried to help expedite things to no avail. I made a couple of calls this afternoon and hope to hear back from somebody who might have some influence, but I'm not holding my breath. This is soooooo frustrating. If anybody out there has any federal connections (I'm not sure what that means, but I know it's what I need), please email me at FamWain2@aol.com.  Otherwise, please just say a prayer that this officer stops being difficult and just does her job.

On a lighter note, in the middle of one of my marathon phone calls this afternoon, the doorbell rang and it was the UPS guy. He was delivering this cute little addition to Dana's new room:


It's an alarm clock radio for her nightstand.  Plus, the bedposts light up as a night-light.  My husband doesn't understand why a 3-year old needs an alarm clock, but I don't think he gets just how adorable this one is (the alarm clock AND the 3 year-old!).  Dana's room is almost finished.  I just have a few things to finish up and then I'll post pictures.  Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. : ( That IS so unfair. I am so sorry to hear this! Hopefully someone will pick up your file very, very soon.

    Blessings

    Melissa

    journeytoonemore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP