Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Isn't It Ironic?

When we committed to Dana on October 3rd, it began a sort of frenzy in my life.  Everything suddenly began to revolve around fulfilling the requirements to bring her home as quickly as possible.  "Hurry" became my mantra.  I was in a hurry to get our home study started and then finished, I was in a hurry to get our dossier documents completed and apostilled, and I was in a hurry to mail our dossier and get submitted.  Since October 3rd, I've lived life with a constant sense of urgency and a feeling that there was something I should be doing to move things along.  Since March 17, I have done almost nothing adoption related and, when I think about it, all I can do it laugh at the irony of it all.  I hurried for 5 months and now we are sitting around waiting.  It's a classic case of "hurry up and wait."  Yet another example of how I am not the one in control of this adoption.

3 comments:

  1. It WILL happen. Patience is a virtue I don't have time for...

    You can take these days and pray every day for Dana. Pray for her safety, health, and happiness.

    Blessings, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing and now my documents are expiring. Wish I hadn't hurried quite so much.

    Love Jodi's video of her :) Guess she 'graduated' to the older group now. She is just too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP